24 to 40 hours per week, some positions are seasonal (May-October), includes weekends and holidays.
Deadwood History seeks an outgoing, reliable individual to join our visitor services team. This individual will be responsible for opening and closing the museums, greeting visitors, selling admission tickets, assisting visitors in the museum gift shops, selling memberships, and providing information on programs, events, and general information.
• Attend to the museums front desks and provide positive customer service experiences to all museum visitors.
• Provide general information about Deadwood History’s research center, museums, gift shops, exhibits and upcoming events.
• Accurately facilitate daily admission and gift shop sales, as well as membership sales.
• Keep accurate attendance records.
• Actively promote and encourage visitors to continue their experience at Deadwood History’s other museums.
• Engage with visitors to facilitate an enjoyable experience for all.
To do this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate office equipment, including a computer, copier, telephone, and cash register.
$10 per hour