Up to 36 hours per week may be available May through October. Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays.
Deadwood History seeks an outgoing, reliable individual to join the Historic Adams House team of tour guides. This individual will be responsible for opening and closing the Adams House and gift shop, provide exceptional and meaningful tours, greeting visitors, selling admission tickets, assisting visitors in the museum gift shops, and providing information on programs, events, and general information.
• Provide engaging and historically correct tours of the Historic Adams House.
• Attend to the museums front desks and provide positive customer service experiences to all museum visitors.
• Ensure the safety of the property, assets and artifacts of the Adams House by monitoring visitor activity.
• Provide general information about Deadwood History’s research center, museums, gift shops, exhibits and upcoming events.
• Accurately facilitate daily admission and gift shop sales, as well as membership sales.
• Keep accurate attendance records.
• Actively promote and encourage visitors to continue their experience at Deadwood History’s other museums.
• Engage with visitors to facilitate an enjoyable experience for all.
An individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily; in addition the individual must be able to speak clearly and comfortably before a group of up to 20 people and have the ability to lead a group tour independently. Other traits necessary for this position are to be: reliable, punctual, personable, and enthusiastic. The individual must be capable of learning and delivering historically accurate information and physically be able to conduct multiple tours each day. The position is seasonal; availability during this time is expected.
The duties of this position include standing for long periods of time, sitting, bending, kneeling, and lifting or moving objects up to 25 pounds; climbing stairs and walking over varied terrain; and exposure to outdoor elements is necessary, at times. Must be able to see, speak and hear effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
$12.00 per hour