Seasonal, includes weekends and holidays
Deadwood History seeks an outgoing, reliable individual to join the Historic Adams House team of tour guides. This individual will be responsible for opening and closing the Adams House and gift shop, providing informative and enjoyable tours, greeting visitors, selling admission tickets, assisting visitors in the museum gift shops, selling memberships, and providing information on programs, events, and general information.
• Provide engaging and historically correct tours of the Historic Adams House.
• Attend to the museums front desks and provide positive customer service experiences to all museum visitors.
• Ensure the safety of the property, assets and artifacts of the Adams House by monitoring visitor activity.
• Provide general information about Deadwood History’s research center, museums, gift shops, exhibits and upcoming events.
• Accurately facilitate daily admission and gift shop sales, as well as membership sales.
• Keep accurate attendance records.
• Actively promote and encourage visitors to continue their experience at Deadwood History’s other museums.
• Engage with visitors to facilitate an enjoyable experience for all.
If interested in being a tour guide please call Michele at 605-578-1657.
An individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily; in addition the individual must be able to speak clearly and comfortably before a group of up to 20 people and have the ability to lead a group tour independently. Other traits necessary for this position are to be: reliable, punctual, personable, and enthusiastic. The individual must be capable of learning and delivering historically accurate information and physically be able to conduct multiple tours each day. The position is seasonal; availability during this time is expected.