10 weeks, May-July, 2019 (start and end date to be determined). Monday-Friday, including occasional Saturday (40 hours per/week).
Assist the Education Director with the creation and execution of all summer youth events sponsored by Deadwood History Inc. This is a paid position with a stipend of $3,500 for 10 weeks.
1. Help develop curriculum and host science, art, and natural history camps.
2. Assist with giving tours to school groups.
3. Interface with families and children.
4. Supervise small to medium groups of youth, grades K-6.
1. Assist with special programs sponsored by Deadwood History, Inc.
2. Other duties as assigned.
To do this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be enrolled in a college program
• Must be organized and deadline-oriented
• Must be able to relate effectively to children
• Must be able to teach youth
• Must have excellent speaking skills and stamina
• Must appreciate history and museums
• Must be willing to work flexible hours
• Must enjoy being outside.
Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, sitting, bending, kneeling, and lifting or moving objects up to 30 pounds; climbing stairs and walking over varied terrain; and exposure to outdoor elements is necessary, at time. Must be able to see, speak and hear effectively (with or without reasonable accommodations).
Must be enrolled in college or university for Spring 2019. Education or history experience a plus but not mandatory. Must enjoy working with children in grades K-6, and be able to communicate effectively with children and adults.
Must be able to operate office equipment, including a computer, copier, telephone, and security system.
$3,500 stipend for 10 weeks of work.