Carolyn Weber, Executive Director
Summary of Position
Deadwood History, Inc. is seeking a part-time administrative assistant who is friendly, energetic, and hard working. The position will work with all departments within the organization. The responsibilities will be diverse and can vary from day to day.
- Serve as the main receptionist welcoming and greeting visitors.
- Answer phone in a professional manner and direct calls to appropriate person.
- Organize and maintain files on several computer databases.
- Send out various types of correspondence on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Assist patrons with requests for information.
- Assist with special functions and events.
- Run local errands.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- At least two years experience working as an administrative assistant.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks payroll.
- Familiar with common office equipment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Takes direction well and is a quick learner.